ASSURED: The Health Department has reiterated there will be no job losses as a result of bed reductions at Goulburn Base Hospital. File photoTHEHealth Department has reiterated there will be no job losses as a result of bed reductions at Goulburn Base Hospital.
Nanjing Night Net

The bed closures,includingtwo from the medical ward and five from the surgical ward, were announced inaleaked memo to staff from the Southern NSW Local Health District last week.

The bed closures promoted concerns from some staff it would lead to job losses orincreaseworkloads on nurses in other areas.

But on Tuesdaya Southern NSW Local Health District spokesperson said no jobs would be lost at the hospital.

“The Local Health District and the Goulburn Health Service will undertake daily monitoring of staffing requirements and there will be no job losses as a result of any bed reductions,” the spokesperson said.

“Any reduction in the number of beds in the medical and surgical wards will not impact the high level of service provided to our patients.

“Beds will reopen as required in line with patient demand and the level of patient needs. When required, additional staff will be engaged to ensure staffing levels are maintained as per the NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association directives.”

“Goulburn Base Hospital works continuously to ensure a high quality of patient care. Hospital management responds on a daily basis to increases and decreases in demands for hospital beds.”

A unionmeetingis being held atthe hospital on Thursday to clarify the situation.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.